Books/Music  

Posted by Vikas Gupta in

books:

I have read very few in an effort to maintain 'cerebral hygiene.'

Seven novels by R.K. Narayan, The House of Blue Mangoes by David Davidar, Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, Train to Pakistan by Khuswant Singh (I would recommend all of these) and some non-fiction and some Hindi works mostly by Premchand.

I have this fear that I will lose my imagination if I read much! I am a voracious reader just the same. I have read a lot of text books and newspapers preparing for the Civil Services Examination. I have decided to write a few books before I read a lot of fiction etc. so that my imagination and wisdom remains untouched by the greatness of renowned authors/thinkers and I evolve along my own genius. To compensate for it, I like films based on books such as Love in the time of Cholera, Gone with the Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, Wuthering Heights, The Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice etc.


music:
Disney Music, Hindi Music.

I am beginning to realize Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche's saying: "Without music life would be a mistake!"
Few of my favourite songs are on my scrapbook dated 6 Oct 2008; feel free to listen to them.
I can listen to 'jab koi baat bigad jaaye' for hours and hours!

This entry was posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment